personal data we collect from you when you use our website.
What data do we collect?
Leith Writings collects personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Leith Writings with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message
- boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Leith Writings collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order, manage your account.
- Respond to enquiries made through our contact form, or by email.
- Contact you regarding comments or feedback you provide to us.
Leith Writings will never share your data with any third parties or partners, unless you have expressly given consent for any of your data to be shared.
When Leith Writings processes your order, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Leith Writings securely stores your data on FastHosts servers, based in the UK.
We shall retain your data only for as long as necessary in accordance with applicable laws.
We may keep your data for up to 7 years after you have cancelled your services with us. We may not be able to delete your data before this time due to our legal and/or accountancy obligations or as reasonably necessary to prevent fraud, abuse, enforce our terms and to protect our legitimate interests. We assure you that your personal data shall only be used for these purposes stated herein.
Leith Writings would like to occasionally send you information about what we are doing, call outs for new authors, promotional activities, new editions that we think you might like, or other similar notifications.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Leith Writings from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please let us know.
What are your data protection rights?
Leith Writings would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Leith Writings for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Leith Writings correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Leith Writings to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Leith Writings erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Leith Writings restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Leith Writings processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Leith Writings transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Remembering your details when you leave a comment
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Leith Writings uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Leith Writings uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Leith Writings sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Leith Writings has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office – https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.